How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19117
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had got caught about 3-4 years ago with about an 1/8 of

Customer Question

I had got caught about 3-4 years ago with about an 1/8 of marajuana for personal use, and I went to court and paid a fine and took a class and the judge cut me a break since it was my first ever offense.
And now I'm trying to get a security job to move forward in my life from a stupid mistake when I was younger, but the security job requires me to have a gun for the position I want, but I can't get a gun because I'm still considered an addict, when I tried getting one about a year ago. What can I do? I need this job.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Could you explain a little more?

Why would you be considered an addict just from your incident of 3-4 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have had no other incidents, before and since then other than a speeding ticket.
I tried getting a gun about a year ago when I first got offered the job, but I didn't pass the background check , reason was because I was considered an addict still on paper. Also want to know how long it will take before that gets erased..? And what can I do?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

You need to file Petition with the Court to seal the record. You can file as soon as you have complied with the Court Order in the case--finished serving your sentence or paid the fine.

You can obtain Petition forms and instructions at the Courthouse. You may also retain the services of a local criminal defense Attorney to assist you with the case.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.