How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19127
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My state tax return was denied. They stated I didn't send

Customer Question

My state tax return was denied. They stated I didn't send enough information so I resent the original documents. I had a small day care out of my home. Each parent signed a contract indicating each childs Social Security number and amount paid to me with phone numbers and addresses.
Each family also used my SS# ***** claim child care on their taxes which was approved on their taxes. They did not have any problems claiming the child care on their taxes.
Today I yet receive another denial from the WI dept of revenue and will be sending me a court date to present testimony and any documents. They required me to mail all original document so I do not have them. I cannot afford an attorney. I desperately need the tax return money because of being homeless.
Can you tell me the most cost effective way to proceed and what I should expect.
Thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to respond to the information request that you do not have information that they are seeking and give a reason why you do not have the information. By law, you cannot provide information that you do not have--that is not under your control or possession. If you have copies of the documents that they are questing, send them the copies, and explain why you have only the copies and not the originals. Make you that you do have copies of the contracts signed by the parents and notations of the payments as part of the records being sent to the Department of Revenue.

Then show up at the hearing and present your case.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.