How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Like a fool, I co-signed a car loan for my daughters now

Customer Question

Like a fool, I co-signed a car loan for my daughters now ex-fiancee. He's been late several times with the payments and I didn't know so he's already effected my credit. Now I find out he hasn't paid in three months, and lost his license because of a DUI. I notified my insurance company, and they say they wont pay any claim if he has an accident, and that to protect myself, I need to get the car back. How do I do this? I went to the police and they say it's a civil matter and I can't report the car stolen, because it's his car, and the finance company says they wont get involved because to do anything needs BOTH signatures.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me, who is on title to this car?