Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Had agreement with an author to write a book. Paid two

Customer Question
had agreement with an author...
had agreement with an author to write a book. Paid two installments. Author decided he wasnt capable of continuing and reluctantly returned all materials to me. BUT did not refund money paid. Can I sue for MORE than what I paid him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2016
Lawyer: KJL LAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Good morning.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I didnt immediately respond,,, didnt see your message...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?
You would be able to sue for what you paid to the author already, and you may be able to sue for the amount it will cost to replace the author, and hire another. But to sue for the costs, if any, to hire another author would have to be proven at court with evidence to support the claim.If you had a contract and it had details regarding breach of contract, then you may be able to sue for any other damages outlined in the contract. But if you don't have a contract, then you cannot.

Please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you do not rate the question I will not get paid for assisting you with your question. You will not be charged extra to rate the question and you can ask follow up questions.

KJL LAW
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer