How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a legal cohabitation agreement with my ex where he

Customer Question

I have a legal cohabitation agreement with my ex where he agrees to pay me a set amount of his pay in exchange for giving up my intrest in our shared home. It has been notarized by both of us. I'm now purchasing a home and the underwriter is insisting on having the document reviewed and have a letter written by an atty verifying that it is a legal binding agreement despite here being proof for years that he has been paying as agreed. At this point I'm flat broke after all of the fees that go with purchasing a home so I'm really worried and she needs it tomorrow.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Underwriters are strange individuals. What one underwriter requires another one will not require.
What is your question for us regarding this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to have my document reviewed and a letter written verifying that it in indeed a legal binding agreement.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding you have about our service, but state law considers what you are asking to be representation and state law forbids any attorney on this site from representing any customer of this site.

I do apologize, but you would need a local attorney which you can find at the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You can get your deposit back from this site by contacting customer service at***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I appreciate it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I wish you the best.