How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27046
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was falsely arrested and imprisoned I was wanting to bring

Customer Question

I was falsely arrested and imprisoned I was wanting to bring charges but the prosecutor won't do it and I can't figure out what to do next. The prosecutor refused because he knows the person who did the false arrest. This is the old "good old boy network." So now I am wanting to bring a civil suit to include all the charges and there are more than 80. One of the charges is the city entered my property without my permission and cut down 78 trees so I am wanting to bring tresspassing charges. What law would cover this.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am working on the civil suit now but all the crimes have been reported.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to get a lawyer to represent me in this lawsuit.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.


Unfortunately, you cannot make a prosecutor take on a case that he doesn't want to prosecute. Additionally government employees acting within the scope of their employment are immune from suit or prosecution unless there is a statute that says they can be sued.

So you can't generally get government workers prosecuted. Instead, you have to sue them for the property damage they caused you when they violated your civil rights. You need to find a civil litigator that is not afraid to go head-to-head with local authorities or a civil rights lawyer.

Unfortunately, because of the terms of service of this website, we cannot direct you to a specific lawyer or law firm. We can only refer you to the same services that we lawyers ourselves use when we need to find a lawyr in a different state or specialty and don't know of anyone personally. You can try the Tennessee State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral service and see if they can recommend an attorney in your area. For a broader range you can try or

You might want to reach out to the American Civil Liberties Union for a referral as well. Their specialty is civil rights and they have chapters all over the country. They may be able to recommend an experienced Tennessee civil rights lawyer who won't be intimidated by the local Good Old Boys' Network.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.