How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ohio Law Question- Ohio Licensed Attorney needed - I have

Customer Question

Ohio Law Question- Ohio Licensed Attorney needed - I have been sued in Ohio State Court ( near Cleveland) -- The Complaint filed against me makes allegations of fraud, misrepresentation and acts of dishonesty - none of which are remotely true!!
I can settle the case for a very small amount of money ( nuisance value) which my attorney recommends-- due solely to the expense of going forwards -- but I am told that the court pleadings-- with all their nasty and groundless accusations, will still be available on line to the general public. My attorney ( not from Ohio) says he does not know of any way to seal the records or limit access to general public.
Is there any way under Ohio law to seal the Court file or at least limit access to the public.? Any supporting statute I can bring to my now Ohio attorneys attention which would help? I was hoping I could get Defendant to agrree to such a motion asking Court to suppress or limit access to the Court file.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid there is no provision under OH law for sealing any civil records because they are deemed to be public records. The best you could consider negotiating for would be a voluntary dismissal of their complaint which would mean that any records on the case would be minimal. Other than the voluntary dismissal, the OH law does not make provision for sealing the records or limiting access.