Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I leased a new 2016 Honda CRV. I love the car, but I have

Customer Question
I leased a new 2016...
I leased a new 2016 Honda CRV. I love the car, but I have driven it 1000 miles and it is so uncomfortable and is causing me severe sciatic nerve problems. Is there a way I can make them break the lease? I am in excruciating pain, and don't see how I can drive this car for 6 years. They want to trade me up, but my payment is $600 and I refuse to go higher. I am 66 years old, and have never had a car that was uncomfortable.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
9/1/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. When something like this happens, the dealer is under no legal obligation to break the lease and take the vehicle back. I say this because this is something which was out of their control and not something that they warranted or advised you would not be an issue. This is not a situation where something is work with the car and its performance and it doing what it is intended to do but has to deal with you and the seating and things of that nature. I know it is not ideal but if you want out of the car, you may have to sell it and then pay the different of what is owed, to get out of it, since they do not have to take it back or give you another car for the same price. I know this is not what you were hoping to hear but I do want to be upfront and honest with you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You haven't told me anything that I don't already know. This is WORSE than if something was wrong with the mechanics of the care...this car is causing me health problems that may affect my quality of life. The Neurontin that I am having to take for the sciatic nerve pain is making me drowsy and the pain is excruciating. I thought there may be something that you knew about that. I have never had a car that did this and driving it 5 miles before signing will not let you know if it is going to cause health problems.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If this is all you can do for me then cancel my request.

I am happy to answer any other questions which you may have and work with you but I am trying to share with you that the car company is not legally obligated to take the care back, as a result of health issues, which they did not cause or have anything to do with. Unless they promised or stated in the agreement that they were aware of your issues and the car would not effect them, they had no way of knowing and did nothing wrong. I am truly sorry to share this information with you and if there was a legal way to make them take the car back, I would certainly share that with you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the car did cause the sciatic nerve problem. I did not have it until I got the car. The car caused the problem and it will be more severe as time goes by. Just cancel my good faith estimate. I don't think I am leaving with anything I didn't come in with.Thanks,
Madeline Kerr

Has your doctor confirmed this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks, ***** *****'t think you have any help for me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am a registered nurse. I KNOW sciatic nerve pain when I hear about it, or feel it. 10 years ago, I had it when I was wearing a belt with heavy keys and a heavy radio on it. I know what it feels like. I bought a different belt that hung on my hips instead of my waste and took anti-inflamatories, and it went away. It isn't as if I can buy a new belt...I am stuck with the car. If I take anti-inflamatories for the next three years until the lease if up, my liver will be destroyed. Not to mention, that my gastrointestestonal system with be ulcerated from all of the ibuprofen and naproxen. Two weeks is the most you should take them. I would have to take them for three years, and suffer from gastrointestinal bleed, which I am not willing to do. Apparently I know about this and you do not.

In order to succeed in a lawsuit against them, you are going to have to have an expert/doctor testify that this was a direct result of the vehicle and that Honda knew or should have known that this vehicle could cause sciatic nerve pain and still manufactured the car and put it in the stream of commerce, creating a known risk of danger or harm

Tina, Lawyer