How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19141
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I validate whom I am speaking to? No. It has to do

Customer Question

how can I validate whom I am speaking to?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. It has to do with withdrawing from a private school five days into the school year. We paid last year in full. They are refusing to release my daughter's transcript to homeschool....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We paid a onth's tuition and technoligy fee. They are requesting we pay the year in full before they will release her transcript. What about the law with the department of education? Is this legal? She attended five days this year. We were never informed of tuition insurance. They put it into my contract after I signed it to make it look like it was there the entire time. I never saw this until this all came down....
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read that you are having difficulties with a private school.

If the tuition insurance was inserted after the contract was signed without your knowledge and consent, then the insurance is not enforceable and the school cannot refuse to provide you with your daughter's transcripts. You can file complaint against the school with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau because this is an illegal debt collection tactic.