How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Court date of Sept.26th...I am 72 a Senior...and

Customer Question

I have a Court date of Sept.26th...I am 72 a Senior...and had a Judgment against my then husband...since 1996, in the Gratiot County Court. And was awarded almost $200,000. by the Judge. My Ex-husband skipped to Florida...and I could NEVER track him down, as he continually moved in with different women, and left when the person I hired tried to track him down. This man admitted to Assault & Battery Charges, but never received anything. However it cost me a lot of money- for medical expenses from the injuries. Just a year ago...his then-third Wife, wrote me a letter requesting my help- and she flew me down to Florida and I testified as to what he had done to me. Now..their Divorce is over, he had skimmed a large sum of money from his Company- back in Michigan, which I did NOT know about. AND he is worth a large sum of money. I have an order to REOPEN the JUDGEMENT, and a gentlemen has all the necessary paperwork drawn up for me to put LIEN on some of his Assets. This man has a Tracing business, and forensic specialist with some degrees, but he is not AN ATTORNEY ! I must have a Lic. Attorney- go with me to Court in Ithaca, Mi. on SEPT.26th at 3pm, in order to get the Judgment reinstated and to allow the LIENS to be attached to some of his assets. He is now worth close to a half-million, and his 3rd. wife has HELPED ME or I would not have known about his Assets. They were only married 3yrs.- so she cannot touch anything except they just sold their home and each got close to $20,000. on that. He had already found another woman- before this Divorce. He is a USER of Women, and has made himself well-OFF from taking their money, etc. I JUST NEED A LAWYER TO GO TO COURT WITH ME...JUST ON THIS ONE OCCASION...SO I MAY ATTACH HIS ASSETS...and recoup some of the MONEY THAT I LOST AND HE COST ME, which I WAS AWARDED LEGALLY FROM THE JUDGE'S DECISION- when I waived a Jury Trial. I cannot find an Attorney to do this- in such short notice, and also because I live only on SS now, in Lansing, Mi. and have very little Income. Thank You...for any HELP or ADVICE you can give me! He will be served in Florida, because his EX-Wife knows where he is working now. But it has to be done soon, and if I do not find an attorney, then I have to Cancel the Court DATE ! Which then he retires and files for SS on Oct.30th..and will skip again!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to learn of this situation. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to solicit or accept clients on this forum, however, I do believe I can provide you with some information to assist you in finding an attorney to appear with you for your court date.

As you have already tried the state bar directory, try private directories and look for civil litigation, debt collection, and creditor attorneys using sites such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Also, try contacting your local (county) bar association and ask if they have any referrals for what we call "appearance attorneys" (these are attorneys that law firms hire if they need to make a quick court appearance but do not want to travel a long way (for example to a case management conference), while most appearance attorneys do not appear for "pro per" litigants such as yourself - they are fully licensed attorneys and they may be willing to represent you for a single hearing (particularly for what we would call a "discrete" matter such as this.