Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

How do I obtain a patent?

Customer Question

How do I obtain a patent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

You obtain a patent by filing an application through the US Patent office. This can be done by using a patent lawyer to first do a patent search to make sure no one has already patented your idea and then by using the lawyer to fill out the patent application and by hiring an artist to draft the technical drawings which accompany the application.

All of the information needed to search for the patent ad the forms to apply are at http://www.uspto.gov/patent

There is a list of FAQ on patents and their applications at https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/qualifying-patent-faq-29120.html

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.