How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Building inspector is being because I have NSF commercial

Customer Question

Building inspector is being nasty because I have NSF commercial grade equipment when he thought I was opening a little mag and oa shop. You think he'd be happier but he states it looks to much like a restauraunt when that is what I was going for and he knew it.
I have the BBQ boss and he wants a hood vent over it even though it is a ventless product. It is by smokaroma.
He said my ovens will need a hood vent and the only way to get around that, is if they are table top conveyor ovens. I told him they are table top and these ones don't require a hood vent. It uses in fared heating and I'm only cooking dough and pre cooked toppings in it, like a pizza or sub place .
I need to know the century code where it states like he said it must be table top, because he was saying he is going to go above the code and make me have one anyways.
The attorney told the century code so the building inspector knows I have it.
I live in Jamestown ND.
Also, what other details can i be given since the equipment is ventless. The pressure smoker is ventless. The company makes a home use and commercial use one.
He is mad because someone did the plumbing who apprentice isn't licensed.
He is also stating I must have a plumber to install a sink and toilet. I need the codes where it states I'm allowed to do that. As the plumber stated himself, but the building inspector is mad, so I need to hire someone. Which I dont wana do.
I passed health and fire department. Got the ok. They told me to talk to him just in case, but he told me he didn't need to inspect as I didn't need no permits. So I thought I was good to go. He said if health and fire department were ok with my setup I'm good to go. I'm releasing no grease laden vapors.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Jamestown ND and I need thr local and state codes, local for sure! And what can I do to get him to not close me down. I been open for 2 weeks.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

What are you referring to as "mag and oa shop"?

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have a few hours left before we meet up.
Again. I need the city ordinance code stating an oven doesn't have to be vented if it is table top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mag and op was suppose to be ma and PA shop.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Please see this link as it states:

SECTION 23-38. Adoption by reference. There is hereby adopted by the City Council, for the purpose of establishing rules and regulations for the installation and maintenance of heating, ventilating, cooling and refrigeration systems, and permits, that certain mechanical code known as the International Mechanical Code and the International Fuel Gas Code, recommended by the International Conference of Building Officials, being the 2012 editions thereof, and the whole thereof save and except such portions as are hereinafter deleted, modified, or amended by this article, and the same is adopted and incorporated as fully as if set out at length, and from the date of which this section shall take effect the provisions thereof shall be controlling within the city.


Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

I need more info on this. What is a century code. Do you know if he cited any code numbers that you are violating?