How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2010, I was still getting back child support taken out of

Customer Question

In 2010, I was still getting back child support taken out of my check when I got a letter from the state of Illinois saying I owed $0.00 and I was reimbursed $367.00. Then two months ago I hear from the child support office saying I owe $101,000 more and need to pay $50,000 back. I am now on SSDI so they want $50.00 a month. But why should I pay if I got that letter in 2010?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

This is extremely odd. Do you still have a copy of that letter from 2010?

Related Legal Questions