How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 745
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to surrender my vehicle due to health issues. I live

Customer Question

I need to surrender my vehicle due to health issues. I live in Maine and have only had the car 2 months but can not pay for it because of bills. can you help me do this the correct way?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Maine, 2012
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I do not think so.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

I am sorry to hear of your health issues and the need to surrender the vehicle. You should contact the finance company and explain your health situation to them and ask if you voluntarily turn over the vehicle in excellent condition if they will waive any deficiency in light of your health problems.

To be honest, they probably won't because they care more about the money, but if they don't, then simply ask them how they would like to arrange the surrender of the vehicle. That way at least you may keep any costs for towing and storage down.

Does that make sense?