How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to evict a Tennant they have not paid rent for 7

Customer Question

I want to evict a Tennant they have not paid rent for 7 months they also have a judgement against them for robbery of my home while l was away for 4 days l told the local Sheriff that the took money,rifle,check book,tablet.from my bedroom door was locked it was busted open Sheriff took pictures and took a statement from the suspect. Question how do l go about moving this person of my property as soon as possible.thank you Wally Mellor.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Wally,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you wanting to try and evict this tenant yourself, or will you use an attorney?

2. Do you have a written lease agreement with them, or is the rental agreement oral?

3. How many months have they lived in your home?

4. You mention a judgment. Did you sue the tenant for the theft, or are you referring to the fact that you reported the theft to police?

5. Did you recover the items that were stolen from you?

Thanks in advance,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience. Keep in mind that for just $5 more, I can call you and discuss all of these issues with you for as long as is necessary.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for $5 more let us talk on the phone thank you .
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Great. All you need to do is click on the Call accept icon and I can call you. I will send the offer to you again.


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

There should be a small box for you to check and then click on the accept icon.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Are you having difficulty accepting the call offer? I am waiting for you to accept the call offer for the additional $5 and then I can call you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's talk l will pay the $5 the extra this is the second notice l have sent for this request if this doesn't happen this time l will cancel you're services maybe lm doing something wrong ? Sorry Wally
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

If you are having a problem, all you need to do is contact customer service and they can help you get the call set up in just a couple of minutes. You can contact customer service at(###) ###-####


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Wally, I have submitted a new phone offer for you to consider since you requested a new answer. But, basically, you will have to follow the terms of your lease agreement and give notice to vacate. If there is no lease, then normally you would need to give 30 days notice to vacate. Unless there is a conviction on the criminal complaint you filled, it is not likely to serve as a basis for eviction.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.