How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31688
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am attempting to determine if we need to retain an

Customer Question

I am attempting to determine if we need to retain an attorney and if so in what specialty
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: TX
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This has to do with fraudulent transfer of title Vehicle title
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

If you are the victim of the fraud, it may be best to speak with the local district attorney or county prosecutor first and determine whether it is a criminal issue instead of a civil one. IF so, the state can prosecute the people who are responsible and get restitution for you......and it shouldn't cost you because your tax dollars pay for the prosecutors to handle these type cases.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

If the matter is civil, you should consult a consumer protection lawyer in your area to assist in filing suit and pursuing the claim.