Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am attempting to determine if we need to retain an

Customer Question
attorney and if so in...
I am attempting to determine if we need to retain an attorney and if so in what specialty
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: TX
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This has to do with fraudulent transfer of title Vehicle title
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/29/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you are the victim of the fraud, it may be best to speak with the local district attorney or county prosecutor first and determine whether it is a criminal issue instead of a civil one. IF so, the state can prosecute the people who are responsible and get restitution for you......and it shouldn't cost you because your tax dollars pay for the prosecutors to handle these type cases.

If the matter is civil, you should consult a consumer protection lawyer in your area to assist in filing suit and pursuing the claim.

Roger, Attorney