Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

International papers sent two men in a room were they knew

Customer Question

International papers sent two men in a room were they knew there was a leak of H2S Gas,both men ended up with rads and one ended up with liver failure and passed away on June 27 of this year with respatorey failure and liver failure, its being said that there's no way that the H2S Gas was responsible for the liver damage and his death. I'm the wife of the man that passed away and would like to know if there is anything I can do about this.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a workers compensation claim for wrongful death. You need to get an attorney who specializes in workers compensation law and file a suit against the employer for wrongful death based on a work related injury. You will need medical records from the doctor stating that the reason for the death was the exposure to the gas in order to win the case in court. A lawyer cannot say the gas did or did not cause the death, that will require a doctor to make that determination and testify in court.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a wrongful lawsuit against workman's comp but I'm looking to see International papers they knew the gas was there three months before they sent the two men into the room
Thank you for your reply.
Did they actually work for International Papers as employees or is international papers some third party they went to service? Was international paper their employer?