How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to find a lawyer for my mom who is 78 years old,

Customer Question

Hi pearl,
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I'm trying to find a lawyer for my mom who is 78 years old
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today.

Can you explain your question a little more? What kind of help are you seeking for your mother?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I'm looking for a michiga lawyer; preferably west michgian, thanks
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we aren't permitted to recommend specific lawyers or firms on this website (site rules prohibit experts from doing so). We can provide general legal information, or I can give you some resources to help you find a lawyer? Alternatively, I can request customer service close the question and refund you if you think we cannot be of service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my mom has a hearing at the st marys psych unit in grand rapids, MI on Tuesday, tomorrow. I just found out on Friday night. She is scared and told that she has to go to the hearing alone.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Is this a hearing to determine whether the facility should be allowed to continue to hold her for treatment? If so, she is entitled to legal counsel. In fact, the court will appoint a lawyer to represent her if she doesn't have private representation.