Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have an issue where I live, I had an accident, I hit the

Customer Question
Hello, I have an issue...
Hello, I have an issue where I live, I had an accident, I hit the building with my car, needless to say I was in Schock, However this was due to a medical condition, they assured me I would have a place to stay, Now I'm being ask to leave by the 12th of september, If I leave they wont put an eviction,
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Ohio 2009
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: yes, when they ask what happed I couldnt expalin it at first I thought it may be mechanical, my answers and comprehnsion were not on point, The property manager stated to move the car in the overflow lot, I thought he meant me. He screamed and yelled, and because I didnt follow his commands I guess thats why, I have shown them my drs letter. I agreed to make payment arrangements, for some reason my staying is an issue, they want me to leave by the 12th and make payment arrangements. I have asked for the form to make payment they will give it to me after the 5th, you have until the 5th to pay or rent is late
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/29/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

What is the basis for the eviction? Do you have a written lease? Have you paid your rent?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have a lease rent due no later than 5th

Thank you for the additional information.

They have no basis to evict you if you have a written lease and are not in default of that lease.

If you were negligent and caused damage then they can sue you for that, but they must comply with the terms of the lease.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do I do

Give them your insurance information and tell the landlord they have no right under the lease to evict you when you are not in breach.

Additionally, if they try to evict you when you are not in default, you can countersue them for breach of the warranty of quiet enjoyment and unlawful eviction.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Loren, Attorney