How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a website developer and have a written signed

Customer Question

I paid a website developer and have a written signed contract. The site was never completed and I am now paying another firm to complete it. When I submitted desired changes, she resigned stating she didnt have time to do the work. I have requested refund from original site developer based on items not completed, which is over half the contract. She has refused. I want to know what rights I have.
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: I co-own the company and reside in SC. The business is home based in NE. Purchase was made by credit card check in November 2015
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The former developer is offering a $1000 refund to the business but only if I sign a document releasing her from the contract
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.