How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner left our business 1 1/2 years ago. Did he breach

Customer Question

My partner left our business 1 1/2 years ago. Did he breach his fiduciary duty? what else did he breach?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: like....?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Walking away from a business partnership would not legally constitute a breach of fiduciary duty, in and of itself. There is no law that says a partner has to devote any particular amount of time to the business. You would have to provide many more facts before a lawyer can tell you if there is any actionable conduct on the part of your partner.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Do you wish to continue the discussion here?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just made a tentative agreement.
I am just buying the company with no assets and or liabilities.
I will be paying with some management duties and royalties. We are in Ca;ifornia.
We need a document to finish the agreement.
Can you help?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry, but we are not permitted to perform legal services for our customers such as preparing an agreement to purchase a business. I can only provide information in that regard, and I would need to do through the telephone contact that was offered previously.