How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28053
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend is now my ex. She has lived off of me for a

Customer Question

My girlfriend is now my ex. She has lived off of me for a year. I made all the utility and car payments. She hasn't made any contributions at all. She buys only things for herself. This has affected my credit very negatively. We don't have a tennant landlord agreement. I feel she's an extended stay guest. I know every state is different but how do I legally force her out. I want my life back . I live in ct
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

In a situation like this, you would first need to give her the proper notice, which would be a 3 day written notice to vacate. Then, if she fails to move, you could proceed through the court and start the eviction process and obtain a court order, to legally force her out. If she were to remain, then the Sheriff could physically remove her.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I got to get the court order? How long would the order give her?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
You draft the notice to vacate and then if she refuses to move get the forms for the eviction from the clerk of court. The process could take a few weeks but this would be the legal approach c