Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

In July 2014, I teamed up with three other people with an

Customer Question

In July 2014, I teamed up with three other people with an operating agreement to primarily perform Structural Engineering job when it was awarded to their company. Initial start up investment was $6000 per person. In March 2015, the agreement was dissolved with no accountability of how my initial amount was spent. I sued in a small Claims court but to my greatest surprised, the other party was represented by a Legal Council and with that I lost the case. The Judge of the Small Claims court said in closing that he will issue his ruling and that can be appeal to a higher court. I intend to appeal to a higher court when the ruling is issued and this time to be represented by a legal professional. Please advise.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I proceed to higher court with a legal representation at the advise of the Small Claims court?

You can appeal to a higher court and use a lawyer or you can file an original case i a higher court using a lawyer, either way.

You want to hire the lawyer soon because they may have to file something to make sure the appeal is correct.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am looking for one now. Can you recommend

We can't give specific recommendations but if you go to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation and that should get you a list of lawyers.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.