How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19293
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson was on a flight from New York to Savannah - and

Customer Question

my grandson was on a flight from New York to Savannah - and had been drinking quite a bit. The passenger next to him said that my grandson "groped" him. Grandson says he didn't as he was passed out.
Long story short, grandson arrested in Savannah airport, in custody presently, now they are going to extradite him back to New York.
Grandson is gay, suicidal and genuinely scared to death. Haven't spoken to him but would like someone to give me some guiding light on the matter.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
William ******
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to stop the extradition back to New York to start with, then I need to get some legal guidance in Savannah, GA. I have reached out to the LBGT groups, the ACLU but I think you have to be arrested on Monday - Friday for them to answer the phones. Quite frustrating. I'm in Houston, Tx and can't seem to get the first answer.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure it would be an extradition, as that term is usually used. An extradition is where the governor of one state asks the governor of another state to turn a prisoner over to them to face charges in their state.

Things work a little different in air travel since it may be impossible to prove where he was actually located at the time the "crime" allegedly took place. Therefore, if the flight started in GA then the groping took place somewhere in the air, GA my abe the state that has original jurisdiction.

So, in short, it may be that they are transferring him but it is not actually an extradition.

It is unlikely that the ACLU or the LBGT groups will get involved at this point so you would likely be better off if you would actually go ahead and hire a lawyer that does criminal defense in federal court. If your grandson is in NY then you would want to hire one in NY to oppose whatever they are doing but you would have to hire a different one GA if he is transferred there.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Criminal Law.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

I am going to be offline in a little while for a few hours but if you have additional questions and will list them in this thread I will pick up as soon as I return.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well I ask for this I suppose. I wanted some guidance and got a lecture on the use of the word EXTRADITE. I should have said they're taking his ass back to New York since it was in the air that it happened. I just wanted to see if there was any way to stop that from happening.
If you have as many suckers biting on this "trust ans serve" line like I did, I'm sure you'll be a financial success. This was a total waste of time and $58; and don't mind shouting it to the world.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trust and serve" but I thought I made it pretty clear above that you can ask any additional questions you have.

The reason I explained about the word "extradite" is it has a very specific meaning and if you hire a lawyer to handle tn extradition and they show up for that then you will get an additional charge since that is now that this is.

However, I'm going to opt out and let someone else try and assist you since rather than asking additional questions, you chose to be rude. Best of luck to your grandson.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: A different Professional here.

I am sorry to read about your grandson's difficulties.

I know from your post that you have reached out to LBGT groups and the ACLU with no success. You may consider contacting National Lawyers Guild. These lawyers are specialists in unlawful arrests and detentions and may be able to stop your grandson from being transferred to New York and represent him Georgia. However, if he is transferred to New York, they would also represent him there. These lawyers work 24/7. Click here for the contact information.

***** Rm. 922
New York, NY 10038
Ph.(###) ###-####/p>

Best wishes,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.