Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

I want to sell my cold brew coffee retail in my area and by

Customer Question

Hello, I want to sell my cold brew coffee retail in my area and by shipping it via insulated carriers to keep it cold. There are no preservatives and no pasteurization. It will be a refrigerated beverage. Questions: will the fda regulate this if I get approved by my state's dept of agricultural but ship out of state? And two, why do some cold brew concentrates not need to be cold when mailed? The companies mailing the cold brew seem to be very small and are not preserving the product. Is it that it's OK, or is it that they just don't know any better? Thanks!
Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. This is not something that the FDA will regulate. This falls under your state rules. This is a list of way the FDA regulateshttp://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194879.htm