How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19284
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had a flood and our house and i had 911 restoration to do

Customer Question

we had a flood and our house and i had 911 restoration to do the some of the work our insurance paid them the total of about $ 7,000 and more but I fired them before that. We have the worse adjustor for our insurance company and doesn't communicate well. The 911 restoration when behind our back and got this check for work that they didn't do. They unlicensed crew doing plumbing and drywall. Left the water running over night and the gas turned. The wall.looks like shit. We have no certifacate of warranty of mold treatments I have in er twice for an allergic reactions to probably mold. I'm doing all the work except for the water heater unit install. They got paid for doing nothing, there was no water to be treated it was all dry when they got here the just did the walls and try to put the unit together that made a bigger mess after they did the wall. I would like to sue them in a small claim court here in texas they got the worse lawyers. They want to charge $10,000 for a small claim like this one.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can file the Small Claim yourself at the Justice of Peace Court in your District. You do not need an Attorney to file lawsuit in the Small Claims Session. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks! For feed back. Can ask more questions later as the case progress?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

You can ask follow-up question(s) relating to your initial post on this current thread. Otherwise, the policy of this site requires that you open up an new thread for additional questions. You can start the new thread with Attn: Attorney Phillips to ensure that the posts are directed to me first. Then, if I am unable to answer the questions, I will open up the post to other Experts on the site.

Thank you for your understanding.