Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Please send me information and or an application to sign up

Customer Question
for TSA. Thank you....
Please send me information and or an application to sign up for TSA.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/27/2016
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: There are a few programs that can make one eligible for TSA PreCheck expedited screening. I will start with TSA PreCheck Program itself, and then explain other options that might be available.

TSA PreCheck Participation

To get into the TSA PreCheck program one should apply for the program in person, at an Application Center. Here is a link to find the nearest enrollment center: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/locator.

You can pre-apply before the appointment so that your application is ready to go when you arrive. The application can be found here: http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply.

Other Trusted Traveler Programs

Here is information on the other Trusted Traveler programs: http://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs.

Global Online Enrollment System is the best pace to start: https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes. You should get a Trusted Traveler number through one of those programs.

Create a new profile. This process will screen your background and allow individuals who pass the screening to obtain a Trusted Traveler number. Once you have the Trusted Traveler number, when you are making reservations with a participating airline and through a participating airport, there will be a space or option in your booking process that will say or ask for a "Known Traveler Number" or "KTN." This is where you include the Trusted Traveler number. This process will put the number on your boarding pass and allow you to use the expedited screening lane if you are chosen for PreCheck.

It should be noted that a Trusted Traveler or TSA PreCheck enrollee is not always guaranteed expedited service. Only when it is indicated on the boarding pass will you be eligible for TSA PreCheck. This is because the TSA randomizes which travelers are granted PreCheck access on any given trip, for security reasons. So you can be offered PreCheck for one trip, but not necessarily another. Again, this randomization is for security reasons. You can find this information here, under "Other Ways to Experience TSA PreCheck": http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/participation-tsa-precheck%C2%AE.

TSA Cares

Finally - this is fairly rare - if PreCheck is not an option and you are elderly or require additional assistance to travel due to medical conditions or a disability, you can get assistance at the airport by using a program called TSA Cares.

If you call TSA Cares at least 72 hours before the flight, you can get assistance getting through the lines quicker, due to age or medical condition/disability: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/travelers-disabilities-and-medical-conditions

Here is the number that you can call to contact TSA Cares for assistance. 1 - 855 - 787 - 2227.

The hours of operation for the TSA Cares helpline are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. EST and weekends and Holidays 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. You can apply right here online by completing this form and following the steps.https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?servicecode=11115V&service=pre-enroll
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767