How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a small Residential Care Facility for the Elderly

Customer Question

We have a small Residential Care Facility for the Elderly and had one of the Clients suffered some injury after a fall. Family is claiming a fixed amount of settlement $ 9K which we want to settle but will require a legal Quit claim. We need to have this document prepared to have them sign as part of settlement. Can you help
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes. and it was not necessary as family just wants a small settlement to help pay the medical bills. They have agreed to settle and will sign the quit claim
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: just go to a legal site so they can prepare the quit claim
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have a copy of the letter of settlement (like an invoice
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Also, why is the purpose of the Quitclaim Deed as far as the settlement?