My imported farm raised salmon is being lab tested by the…

Customer Question
My imported farm raised salmon...
My imported farm raised salmon is being lab tested by the FDA for "antibiotic residue." I know that we do use antibiotics to a degree. So I am confused as to what they mean by "antibiotic residue." Can you give me any clue what this means?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/26/2016
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. There has been some issue pertaining to farm raised salmon that has came across as being marketed to companies in the USA from foreign companies as farm raised with no antibiotics in the salmon.
The researchers found five antibiotics in detectable amounts, including oxytetracycline in wild shrimp, farmed tilapia, farmed salmon and farmed trout; 4-epioxytetracycline in farmed salmon; sulfademiethoxine in farmed shrimp; ormetoprim in farmed salmon; and virginiamycin in farmed salmon that was marketed as “antibiotic free.” So now they are having to go to evaluate the salmon in different areas to make sure what you have and sale is of good quality. Please let me know if you have further questions