How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116755
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in Autauga County jail without a bond for a

Customer Question

My husband is in Autauga County jail without a bond for a supposedly violation of protection order with his ex girlfriend. He is on 3 scheduled mental health medications and the jail is refusing to give them to him. Please help. :'(
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that we cannot represent him, it is forbidden by state law. You need to go to the local public defender's office and get him legal representation and they will file a motion in court to move him to a medical ward to provide him medications he requires. That is the only option you have if the warden at the jail refuses to provide the medication and the medications are deemed by his doctors to be medically necessary.