Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need-to go back to the family home to put a-few things in

Customer Question

I need-to go back to the family home to put a-few things in the basement and I need to spend the night. I'm still on the lease and-have-not forced my hand with my spouse. She might try to show her ... but I would be-well within my rights as a household member. I might have to to get a peace order if she tries to provoke me. I am still considered a household member by law-in Virginia. There is no separation agreement. Although i'm temporarily living with my daughter. I can't stay here tomorrow and I have no where else to go.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Email me at***@******.*** my name is*****(###) ###-#### Resident of VA
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She took out a protective order a while back that lasted for 48 hours, but she lied to get it. I just went along with it, but did contact her until it expired. She stole my keys to have access to the home, but the landlord should be replacing my keys to the home tomorrow.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

In order to assist you I will need to know what your legal question is. Thank you