How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2143
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question regarding former girlfriend. She & I agreed to move

Customer Question

Question regarding former girlfriend. She & I agreed to move in together, and I quit my job to relocate to her location; I gave away all furniture, personal belongings (except clothing), ha my car shipped from previous location to her home, as she agreed to allow me to use her car. 3 days after moving in together, she told me to leave without notice or warning; I had no home, car, or personal belongings. I've been forced to rent a car and will have to purchase new home belongings as I gave away the previous from our agreement.
Can I sue?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

What state do you live in? Did she ever make a promise to marry or take care of you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Texas; yes, prior to moving in, she promised that I would live in her house and use her car when needed until my car arrived. She agreed to financial support until I found new employment, as she has a sole proprietorship business and makes a good living.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

Yes, if she made those representations you could file a lawsuit against her for fraud and breach of an oral agreement.