Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Question regarding former girlfriend. She & I agreed to move

Customer Question
Question regarding former girlfriend....
Question regarding former girlfriend. She & I agreed to move in together, and I quit my job to relocate to her location; I gave away all furniture, personal belongings (except clothing), ha my car shipped from previous location to her home, as she agreed to allow me to use her car. 3 days after moving in together, she told me to leave without notice or warning; I had no home, car, or personal belongings. I've been forced to rent a car and will have to purchase new home belongings as I gave away the previous from our agreement.
Can I sue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/26/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

What state do you live in? Did she ever make a promise to marry or take care of you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Texas; yes, prior to moving in, she promised that I would live in her house and use her car when needed until my car arrived. She agreed to financial support until I found new employment, as she has a sole proprietorship business and makes a good living.

Yes, if she made those representations you could file a lawsuit against her for fraud and breach of an oral agreement.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer