How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19649
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a motion to set aside order for installment

Customer Question

I received a motion to set aside order for installment payments missed a couple of month due to the fact of them not working with me with automatic payments I guess my payment wasn't enough what do I do can't get through to them been in the phone for a hour now waiting to work something out with the attorney
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not not yet received the letter today I've called still waiting to get thru still no answer been waiting for a hour this has happen to me before
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No I'm able to pay it there just not taking my payment of $35 a month only $50 a month
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do next should I just set up a hearing with the court. Not sure what motion to file
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ok
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Since there is already a Motion filed to set-aside installment payment Order, you need to file Motion in Opposition and tell the Court your reason for your opposition to the Motion. You should also use that opportunity to tell the Court that you are unable to make the $50.00 payment and that you are only able to pay $35.00 and ask the Court to modify the Order. You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is the debt about?

Are you on Social Security benefits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks what do I do on the blank motion forms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I explain the reasoning for my Motion in Opposition on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The debt is about a hospital bill at Botsford hospital
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Social Security benefits
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to your post. I was helping another customer when replied.

Yes, you would explain your reasons for the opposition on the blank Motion forms and also tell the Court what efforts that you have made to work things out with the company, but you have not been successful

Best wishes.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.