Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need some clarification regarding "dire need" qualifiers.

Customer Question
Does electric service need to...
I need some clarification regarding "dire need" qualifiers. Does electric service need to be shut off, or do I just need documentation from utility notifying me of eminent shut off due to lack of payment. Also, any idea how much this will improve the current 18-24 month appeal cycle (I originally filed nearly 4 years ago, and now am 5 months into my 3rd appeal). Thank you! Susanne
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have been with Citizen's Disability since my first denial.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Well, my husband has left me, I have very little funds available, my insurance will end the 31st as husband lost job. Four years of this process seems exhorbitant; the dire need due to not paying electric bill seems like the best way to expedite to get a decision.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/25/2016
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I need some clarification regarding "dire need" qualifiers. Does electric service need to be shut off, or do I just need documentation from utility notifying me of eminent shut off due to lack of payment. Also, any idea how much this will improve the current 18-24 month appeal cycle (I originally filed nearly 4 years ago, and now am 5 months into my 3rd appeal). Thank you! Susanne Are you asking how to keep the electric on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Basically. Some confusion on what Cit Dis told me & what I have read online. So, does the electricity need to be shut off and documentation to that effect be provided, or notice from utility stating service WILL be shut off if payment is not made?

You are trying to create dire need?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This process is going on 4 years now, and it appears under my current scenario there are anywhere from 12 - 18 more months for me to wait for a decision on the lastest appeal. Cit Dis determined that they believe an error was made by the judge concerning my last appeal. YES, I am!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would it be better to proceed via phone call? Would that be included in the cost of this consultation?

You can request a phone call, however, that would be an additional charge. The Attorneys do not handle customer accounts or billing so you would need to check with customer service with regard to the cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have documented depression but back injury is SSDI issue. I have even more reason to be depressed now with no husband/income; is actual suicide attempt necessary or just "discussing" it with my psychiatrist adequate?

I am not sure what they have denied you. You are asking for way to expedite dire need, however, I was trying to ascertain why you were denied.

Please contact customer service

US/Canada1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
During my hearing the "expert" or whatever determined that my job as a commercial real estate appraiser was "sedentary" and I believe that was the basis for my denial. I countered that with a detailed explanation of the actual physical aspects of my job. Cit Dis believes the determination was incorrect.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didnt realize I was supposed to be watching my phone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you answer my question about dire need????

I don't understand this statement I didnt realize I was supposed to be watching my phone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, my phone keeps ringing with messages from you before they show up on my computer screen, which was in a different room than my phone. So, I am sitting in front of my computer in order to type back at you quickly. Okay?

Let ne opt out as I do not understand why you were denied. Another Attorney will respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thank you & I apologize for any confusion I caused. I'll look forward to hearing back. Thank you. Susanne
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be awaiting a response from the other attorney which I will be alerted about on my phone. Thank you.
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

This is Attorney Phillips. I will be further assisting you with your post.

I have carefully reviewed your post and your exchanges with the other previous Professional. However, I do not understand what your issue is about or what thing you are appealing from. Kindly clarify and ask specific question(s).

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I apologize for the confusion. However, due to that & time constraints, I would kindly ask that we discontinue the conversation, and in that I did not receive any assistance, my $36.00 be refunded. Thank you very much. Susanne Confer
Tina, Lawyer