Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My husband and I took Amazing remodelers of Texas to court

Customer Question

hello, My husband and I took Amazing remodelers of Texas to court for non work and no drawings. We won our judgment in court to the sum of 5000.00 we have already paid them but now cant get our money they have changed their name and DBA. What can we do.
Gyl Bednarek
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

GYl your first step here is to got to your County Clerk and abstract the judgment you got.This clouds title to any real estate they may have.Then your next step is to contact court where judgment was entered and set it for a debtors exam hearing.Here you are able to question them under oath about any assets they own including bank accounts.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Here if you set this for debtor exam and they no show judge issues warrant to pick up the debtor and bring him before the judge.They might spend some time in jail until judge is available.