Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

HOW can I get satisfaction by some form of law which will

Customer Question
HOW can I get satisfaction...
HOW can I get satisfaction by some form of law which will reflect the insuations of THE MANAGER AT OUR LOCAL GIANT MARKET.
HE DEFAMED MY IN HIS OWN TIME AND PLACE. I AM NOT GUILTY OF ANY HARM
DONE TO ANYONE IN HIS STORE, AS HE PROCLAIMS.
FRANCIS FRANK SWEENEY (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/25/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

File a defamation lawsuit against this individual. In order to prevail in a defamation suit, you must be able to prove all of the elements of defamation. Generally, you must be able to prove (1) that a defamatory (false and slanderous) statement was made against you; (2) that there was a unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (making false accusations against you to other people, etc); (3) if the defamatory statement is a matter of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher—this may not apply to you if you are not a public figure; (4) then finally you have to prove that you suffered damages as a result of the defamation.

You would need to consult with a Civil Rights Attorney in your area to assist you in putting your claim together as these cases can be very difficult to win. Interview at least three Attorneys and/or review their web sites to see which one will be a better match for you. You want to look for someone who is not too busy to handle your case; someone who will return your phone calls in a timely manner, and someone who will give you prompt updates on your case.

Click here to find local Civil Rights Attorneys in your area:

Civil Rights Lawyers

Justia.com

You may also consider filing lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress ("IIED"). In order to prevail on your claim of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, you need to show that (1) this individual acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) his actions were extreme and outrageous (persistent spreading of false information about you, etc.); and (3) his actions were the cause (4) of your severe emotional distress.

IIED is a tort in the same category as personal injury. So, you would need the services of a local personal injury Attorney to file the lawsuit for you.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law