How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am(was) a licensed distributor of dairy related products

Customer Question

I am(was) a licensed distributor of dairy related products in the state of NJ.
My business recently was severely impacted economically and I was forced to close.
unfotunatley, due to this situation some of my creditors were hurt due to my inability to pay past invoices.
I am now trying to dig my self out and hopefully work my way back using my contacts and working for another dairy distributor for now.
the state of NJ has put a stipulation in the licencing process for the other distributor that fobids me The Right To Work in the only field I have known.
are they legally allowed to do such a thing and do I have any recourse
thanks John M.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.If you owe money to the government for any form of taxes they can refuse to allow you to have any form of professional license. They do this to doctors and attorneys as well, suspending their license for non payment of a government debt. If the debt is non government debt then the government has no right to restrict your license.You may want to consider filing bankruptcy, which no longer is as bad as people used to think it was. You can file to get all of your unsecured debts extinguished. This can also be applied to some government debts in addition to your other unsecured debts