Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My tenant accuse me in pocketing hks rent and asking for

Customer Question

my tenant accuse me in pocketing hks rent and asking for another one
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the tenant usually sends me an e-check and for 1.5 tears i received it this time it was a lots of roofing repairemans on my street(after hail) and probably my check was stolen
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Has the tenant found out the check has been cashed?

.

What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he claims the cheque was cashed
How can i make my tenant to pay rent?
and how can i get a law order for the bank to show me the cashed e-cheque from both sides?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope it is too late for this
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You can give him a written 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate and then evict him if he won't pay. It is up to the tenant to prove that he paid the rent, not on you to prove that he didn't.

.

.

thanks