How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9339
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a house in everett wa. Which we rented after two

Customer Question

I have a house in everett wa. Which we rented after two months tenant stop paying the rent and our property mangment personnel didnt initiate the eviction process until two month have passed. Also when we asked mangment to send the detail of the lease document they didnt send it for long time. When they send it we did our own research and found out that the tenants were serial felon and had several case under their belt. It is gross negligence from the screenng company. Its been 5 months we owe almost $10,000 in rent and yet the tenant have not yet moved out before the hearing in the pcurt today they file bankruptcy. So it seems like they are not going to move out for god know how long.
Mu question is can we file a claim to the boding company of the property managment company for delaying the eviction process and for negligence in screening?
If we can what we have to do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I see that you have requested a phone call. Phone call is for additional cost. I will send you an offer. If you accept, I will call you. Otherwise, we can continue on this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation,


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to continue in this thread
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I said I dont want to call. I felt I am again a victim of scam now it is just answer
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry why do you think you are a victim of scam? You requested for a phone call, I tried to explain the procedures to you. When you replied, I was busy assisting another customer.

I will go ahead and opt out and let another Attorney to further assist you.

Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You can file a petition for relief from stay in the bankruptcy court, and that should allow you to proceed with reclaiming possession of the property. You can also file a creditors claim in the bankruptcy case to try to recover the money the tenants owe you in the bankruptcy court.

You can sue the property management company for negligence in screening the tenants and breach of contract for not screening them and failing to evict them in a timely manner.

You can get a free consultation from some of the bankruptcy attorneys listed by location here, and breach of contract attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Legal Questions