Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm being falsely accused in a hit-and-run. I'd like to know

Customer Question
what my rights are and...
I'm being falsely accused in a hit-and-run. I'd like to know what my rights are and how I can protect myself. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2016
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Who is accusing you?

2. Have you been cited by police?

3. What about the accusation is false?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Doug,
Thanks for your help. Here are the answers:
1. Who is accusing you?
The CHP showed up and said someone turned in my license plate number. They checked my drivers license and registration (apparently when they ran the registration it showed up as in San Diego, I live in the Bay Area).
2. Have you been cited by police?
No- there is absolutely no damage to my car.
3. What about the accusation is false?
I have no recollection of hitting anyone. I have no damage to my car. The personal info the CHP have about me isn't consistent with the facts.
Thanks,
Robyn

Good afternoon Robyn,

The site is telling me that you have posted a response to the question thread, but nothing was posted. If you did post something, would you please re-post it?

Additionally, this seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Tina, Lawyer