How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28371
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell in a Walmart on August 17th and I didn't file an

Customer Question

I fell in a Walmart on August 17th and I didn't file an incident report at the time I was embarrassed and just left I ended up going to the Urgent Care immediately after I left the Walmart because the pain in my wrist and arm and since then I've been having a lot of pain in my back. Is it too late for me to go and file a report at the Walmart?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have it I spoke to a legal aid at Law Firm and they told me I should go file an incident report I wasn't sure if it was too late though
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I slipped on a clear gooey substance that was on the floor right by the self-checkout registers it was really slippery there is no wet floor sign out
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through and hope you are alright. You can go back and certainly file the report and document this. This should have been something that was really done at the time, so that it could have been known if something was on the floor which resulted in this happening. Of course, they have cameras, so they can always go back and check them to see and this is evidence which needs to be preserved. As such, you can file a report BUT want to also go speak with a personal injury attorney ASAP. Legal aid will not likely take this but a PI attorney may, on a contingency basis, which only requires you to pay, if they recover on your behalf.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Have you spoken with a PI attorney?