Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How do I stop a court ordered civil service apportionment to

Customer Question
my ex?...
how do I stop a court ordered civil service apportionment to my ex?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/23/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

If you have a problem with OPM's calculation, then an appeal may be in order to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA MERIT SYSTEMS PROTECTION BOARD. If you have an issue with the court's order itself, then the proper thing to do is to ask for a stay order of the court's judgment and appeal to the court of appeals.

This link explains how to obtain a stay pending an appeal under CA law.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney