How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well,I had kne replacement surgery,and the knee was

Customer Question

well,I had kne replacement surgery,and the knee was installed wrong,had 2 revisions,and then fell and broke my femur.My attorney has just dropped my case after 2-1/2 years,what can I do.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Yes my knee is still swollen and very painful,walking is what makes my knee hurt
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no,they have all my recorda records
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing MD with over 10 years experience

Why did your attorney drop your case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because the doctor that performed the first and wrong,call the revision doctors boos and told him not to let him testify for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats boss not boos
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Wow. I'm very sorry to hear that

You should be able to get an independant medical opinion that could confirm malpractice

I would recommend you find another attorney

does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well,the statute has run out now,can I start over again
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

yes you should be able to

but that is really a fully legal question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you sure,the calif. law gives you only 1 year,and its been over 2-1/2 years since I filed the case
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Why don't I get you over to a legal expert in California

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats sounds fine
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

It might take a bit for it to get pushed to the legal category

just hold tight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I wait here for an answer,or would it come ,like tomorrow
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

probably tomorrow more likely

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Doc,I'll wait
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

alright. good luck

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

If your case is already filed, and your attorney withdrew, you do not file a new case. Rather, you hire a new attorney to pick up where your former attorney left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like to speak With you Heather about my case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.