How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through hard time in my marriage. I have been

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am going through hard time in my marriage. I have been married for more than 11 years have three little kids and it is true our marraige was not perfect but it become agitated and falling apart following my mother in law visit. in the last two month of her visit they have moved out twice, my husband called twice a police on me and his intent is confusing. He will tell me he want the marriage at one time and he is doing things which we have never done in our marraige in my back such us opening a separate account, changing password ***** accounts we have been using( which are under his name) and today he disconnect my phone as it was also in his name. I want my marraige but his reactions are not acceptable to me too. I would to get advice on how to handle hem with out hurting hem but not letting my kids future and well being with his misconducts.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MD
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: we also have start going to marriage counseling since last week. I am truely confused with his intent as he is not doing his share towards the kids and he called the cop on me for no tangible reason. He called a police coz he came home after 12 am in the house and very agitated and ask hem to use his computer out of the bed room as i were sleeping and it is his second time in the last few weeks and it kind of worry me on what his are even if i don't think it is not going to hurt me that he act in suck kidish way.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I would like to make sure I am not being a victim of his irresponsible action and would like to know if he fill for divorce and children cousdity , this things wouldn't play against me?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I do not know what his motives are, but they certainly sound like the marriage is "irretrievably broken" (the requirement for a divorce) based on his conduct. If he files for divorce and custody first, generally in many instances the person who files for divorce tends to get the INITIAL advantage and he could get temporary custody until the matter proceeds through the court. If you are not able to get him to cooperate with counseling so you can find out what the real problem is, you may want to consider getting your own local attorney and filing for divorce and temporary custody of the children to get the process started and get out of this less than happy situation with him.