How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19627
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well i bout a truck in georgia for the amount of $900

Customer Question

well i bout a truck in georgia for the amount of $900 withn400 paid up front and the other paid at a later date the truck came with a motor but had no motor transmission or even drive shaft in it it was at a friend of mines shop getting the finishing touches of a different better motor i had along with transmission and drive shaft all mine well i wasn't even 15 days late on the payment and the guy goes to the shop and takes the truck with it running and driving and then when i try to pay what i owe adds 1150 onto it and refuses the give me my motor tranny drive shaft and all back what can i do
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: only that the truck did not have anything in it when i got it and the title isn't even in the guys name yet
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Georgia and its an 88
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to file a Small Claim at your local Courthouse against the Seller to recover your items. Click here for Small Claim forms and instructions.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.