Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a newly opened Civil Complaint.. I have successfully

Customer Question
served summons, motions, demand for...
I have a newly opened Civil Complaint.. I have successfully served summons, motions, demand for jury trial and first amended of complaint. I now have a Second amendment to the complaint. Do i have to use a process server for the 2nd amended complaint or as long as i use a US Mail Return Receipt Signature required method that would suffice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/21/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

No process server is needed at this point if service was already accomplished with the original complaint or the first amended one; so the certified mail RR should be fine.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney