How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nishan Parlakian Your Own Question
Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Nishan Parlakian is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Partner died 2 1/2 years ago his will stated when property

Customer Question

partner died 2 1/2 years ago his will stated when property sold 1\2 will got to his children and i would keep 1\2 do i have to follow his request.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 11 months ago.

Hi, hope things are going ok with you. If want to decline the bequeathment to you in favor of his kids you may decline absolutely.

If you want to dispute or challenge the will-not saying that you do-just covering the bases, then that would entail a formal hearing and is not easy to do.

If there is anything more to consider then please let me know, best Sean