Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My son was at Kaiser Hospital today, He requested to get

Customer Question

My son was at Kaiser Hospital today, He
requested to get something to drink
From a vending machine inside of the facility that had to be opened by security due to recent thefts from the machine, when he reached inside the machine to get the drink out of the dispenser his hand was covered with blood that wasn't his own there was also blood inside of the sealed Minute Maid Pink Lemonade as well, The security guard was witness to the entire incident and even escorted my son to the restroom to wash the blood from his hands, now he has to go back tomorrow to get blood work done because we were originally there for an open wound on his hand. Kaiser has since taken the bottle of pink lemonade to send the hospital administrator. He has also contacted the vending machine company to let them know the situation and gave them information to contact us.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about the incident involving your son.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Has the incident be reported to California Department of Public Health?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question is,
What are the next necessary steps that I can take, it has not been reported that I know of unless Kaiser has done so, how do I go about doing that? Does he have the right to sue, how would he go about doing that?

Thank you for the information.

My question is,

Response 1: This incident should be reported immediately to California Department of Public Health. This is a public health issue. You do not what other vending machines that are affected. Click here for contact information.

Does he have the right to sue, how would he go about doing that?

Response 2: Yes, he does have right to sue. You need to contact an Attorney who handles person injury/product liability cases to assist him with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Your response was informative and helpful.
Thank you

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly use the pop screen to give a rating,

Thank you for your cooperation,