Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have a California drivers license and received a photo

Customer Question

Hello, I have a California drivers license and received a photo speeding ticket in Arizona. I am trying to research what my options are. Thank you, Aaron
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: thank you it is in Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: received the ticket in the mail at my California address
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will also say that I have not responded by mailing anything back
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. Please tell me what information I can provide for you? What is your question in this regard, please?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Was the ticket mailed to you certified? Or regular first class mail?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Here is a LINK to the AZ law. It says that the state needs to personally serve a violation of this nature within 90 days. And so while you do not need to pay it now, you can wait to see if you are personally served. Though being out of state, the State can seek alternative service and the court court allow it to be mailed certified with a return receipt requested. If that happens Then in addition to any fine for the ticket you also will be assessed $35 to $50 to cover service.

28-1592. Commencement of action

A. A civil traffic violation case is commenced by issuance or filing of a uniform traffic ticket and complaint as provided in this article.

B. A civil traffic violation case shall be commenced as follows:

1. If a case is commenced by issuance, it shall be issued within sixty days of the alleged violation.

2. If the case is commenced by filing, it shall be filed within sixty days of the alleged violation and shall be served within ninety days from the filing date.

3. Except as provided in paragraph 4, within one hundred eighty days of the alleged violation if the alleged violation is under investigation in conjunction with a traffic accident.

4. Within one year of the alleged violation if the alleged violation is under investigation in conjunction with a traffic accident resulting in death.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If I've missed anything that you needed or you have other questions, please let me know here. Otherwise, a Positive rating ensures I get credit for my time. Thank you.