How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41597
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pertaining to my last question. Should I hire a lawyer

Customer Question

Pertaining to my last question. Should I hire a lawyer before I go in a make this report?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

I would consider going on and making the report.I want to make sure the police department here gets the evidence and can take action quickly.This really should not affect a civil suit and you can do both.I would want you to report this because this officer needs to be suspended or fired for such threats to you.It is clearly over the line.

But thats your call either way if you feel more comfortable using the lawyer to report it there is nothing wrong with that.The important thing is does get reported and hopefully you get some justice for all your harm.I worry about this causing you mental anguish and stress.I think that the sooner this person is off the force the better for everyone including you as well.

I truly wish you the best here.Remember the employer is liable for the actions of the employee and the city may well settle with you quickly once they realize the seriousness of this violation.Thanks again for the chance to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I be pressing charges for a threat, harassment charges?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Well you file the complaint and they investigate and decide what all to charge him with.It is a threat to me and/or harassment.He can be charged here with both.

Thanks again.